Robotech - The Official Headquarters of the Robotech Universe!
The Macross SagaThe Robotech MastersThe New GenerationThe Shadow Chroniclescoming soon
NEWS
COMMUNITY
INFOPEDIA
GALLERY
STORE
SEARCH

RDF MEMBER
JOIN NOW
Forgot your Password?

RT Soundtracks
New Tunes!

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles movie
On Blu-Ray & DVD

faqs
Community » Forums » Robotech Series & Stories » Discussion Thread

Topic Author

Discussion Topic

msdoshi27  

Subject: Does anyone know if Rick Hunter and Lisa Hayes get married or not????? 
Started on: October 26, 2003 - 7:06:18 PM

Does anyone know if Rick Hunter and Lisa Hayes get married or not?

The people of Robotech only show that there are only 2 wedding's the first one is Max and Miriya Starling and the next one is Annie in the NG.

What happen to Rick and Lisa?

There not even shown until the last episode of Robotech but only Rick's name is shown on the episode list of the NG 85 not Lisa's name only Admiral Hunter.
Return to Message Index Report a problem

Response 1 of 12 

IronMike  

Subject: Well 
Posted on: October 26, 2003 - 7:16:49 PM

They do get married in The Sentinels, but Sentinels are not considered canon anymore. So, actually we don't know if they are married or not.

Response 

hatecomputers  

Subject: Well 
Posted on: October 26, 2003 - 7:22:49 PM

In the show, it's not revealed if they get married. In the Sentinels novels and animation, they do get married but thatís not canon. In the new comics which are canon Rick proposes and they get engaged. We will likely know for sure when the new series comes out.

"I tell you, I get a real kick seeing city girls in the country, they look so darn cute when they start screaming."- Rand

Anything conceivable is achievable.

Response 

picket  

Subject: Did you forget 
Posted on: October 26, 2003 - 8:01:15 PM

There are RT2: Sentenils comics from way back when.
In it they do get married. I don't have that issue, but in one I have Lisa tackled Rick when he was in a chair in deep thought after Cadets' Baker and Penn lost two hover cycles at the cost of bringing the Tirolian lead scienctist and his assisstent to a REF contol, or as I heard once liberated, zone on Tirol. Rick had just finish talking with Vince Grant who was incharge of those hover cycles and their pilots. When Lisa walks up and tackles Rick and wanting to be together for a few hours. She said MR. Hunter and Rick responded after getting up", MRS. Hunter."

So there is your answer.-Picket

"It is not advise that you eject over an area you have just bombed." US Air Force Manual

"Tracers work both ways." US Army Manual

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." US Army Manual

"To think is to die in a dogfight." My Manual

Response 

Frick  

Subject: Don't know 
Posted on: October 26, 2003 - 8:49:18 PM

We no longer officially know what happened to Rick and Lisa. They did get engaged, thanks to the new cannon comics, but we don't actually know if they get married. Think of the possibilities.

Maybe...

...they were engaged for a month and decided it wouldn't work, and that's it.

...they dated, broke up, and then 9 years later discovered that they were still madly in love with eachother and got married.

...Rick married Minmei after all, and Lisa gave up her commision afterwards, as to not have to work with Rick.

...they married, but got divorced shortly afterwards when Lisa found out Rick was having an afair with Minmei. Lisa kept the Hunter name, however, since she already had new business cards made. In fact, she is the Admiral Hunter referred to in the new generation. Rick gave up his commision to become domesticated with Minmei. They lived out the second Robotech war farming in the country side, only to die years later when a shock trooper steps on their farm house. Don't worry though, their son Dusty gets revenge.

...a jealous Lisa murders Minmei and recieves life in the brig. Rick becomes the ranking admiral and after leaving the earth in the SDF-3, decides never to return to planet of all his bad memories. I can picture the scene right now. The main fleet is about to fold back to Earth, and suddenly Rick remembers that he "accidently" forgot his keys. He tells the rest of the fleet to go on ahead, and the SDF-3 will catch up with them by Earth. Then he winks and tells them to feel free to use the nuetron S missles if things go poorly.

The fertile ground for so many fan fics lays waiting to be sewn.

"Life is a sucide mission" -OSC

Minmei may have saved the world, but is a world with Minmei better than no world at all? - Frick

Response 

headless  

Subject: Hmmm.... 
Posted on: October 26, 2003 - 11:58:44 PM

End of Circle has Minmei with Zor and Rick/Lisa are married and have a child named Roy. Again, this is from the novel and not the animation itself. But its a good inference to make that they do get hitched.

RENEGADE Squadron 101st bomber division
Terror in the skies and not just your eyes
SEMPER FI

Response 

JRG Jupiter Div  

Subject: In all accounts... 
Posted on: October 27, 2003 - 10:12:36 AM

The Sentinels novels, comics, and cartoons all attest to Rick and Lisa tying the knot, but as been stated before, are no longer canon, meaning, never happened! It's like The Truman Show, discovering all that you grew up under was all a lie.
oh well.

Badges: 13 year RT.com member; 85er; Original RT fanclub member; Featured Fan Fiction (In the Bellies of Robots, Tirolean Knights Part 6); Great Lockout of 2012 Veteran.

Response 

Lt. Rick Hunter123  

Subject: questions 
Posted on: October 27, 2003 - 10:19:00 AM

1. the heck is and does "canon" mean when ya'll talk about apart of robotech be or not being canon?

2. would anyone shoot rick for not tying the knot with lisa and picking minmei?

i know i would

What happems if you get scared half to death twice?

Response 

AkitoVF-1J  

Subject: Yes they are 
Posted on: October 27, 2003 - 12:21:05 PM

Even if u don't count the sentinals, rick and lisa are still married and u should notice that their children have the sure name Hunter, since this only happens when the female is married since the children take the surname of the mother at birth

Response 

JRG Jupiter Div  

Subject: canon 
Posted on: October 28, 2003 - 12:07:01 AM

1. the heck is and does "canon" mean when ya'll talk about apart of robotech be or not being canon?

"Canon" is often used in Bible terms, that the books collected have been found authoritative and complete--in essence immortalized. Anything else outside the that which has been canonized is considered of no authority. According to the powers that be, the 85 episodes of Robotech, the new Wildstorm comics, Battlecry, and whatever else in the future is deemed authoritative are part of the Official Robotech universe. Sentinels, The Graphic Novel, The Untold Story/ Megazone 23, and the McKinney novels are stricken from the record...as far as I understand.

Badges: 13 year RT.com member; 85er; Original RT fanclub member; Featured Fan Fiction (In the Bellies of Robots, Tirolean Knights Part 6); Great Lockout of 2012 Veteran.

Response 

msdoshi27  

Subject: Frick 
Posted on: October 28, 2003 - 7:46:21 PM

Why would Rick go back to Minmei? Minmei found out that Rick and Lisa really love each other in the last episode To the Stars. Your idea doesn't make any sence to me.

Response 

HugoIV  

Subject: Married 
Posted on: October 28, 2003 - 10:40:40 PM

I have the old series of comics in which they are married. Even a covented comic that shows Lisa in the shower and Rick and her get it on soo to speak.

Sgt. Hugo IV,RDF

Response 

Roddles  

Subject: Reply to Frick 
Posted on: October 29, 2003 - 5:05:14 AM

actually, according to the RPG books, Minmei stows aboard the sdf-3 with janice to try to be with rick. i think she has a relationship with edwards but ends it to concentrate on rick again even though he is married. not canon i know.
Return to Message Index Report a problem

By using this Web site, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use.
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Robotech.com

©1985-2012 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All rights reserved.