Robotech - The Official Headquarters of the Robotech Universe!
The Macross SagaThe Robotech MastersThe New GenerationThe Shadow Chroniclescoming soon
NEWS
COMMUNITY
INFOPEDIA
GALLERY
STORE
SEARCH

RDF MEMBER
JOIN NOW
Forgot your Password?

RT Soundtracks
New Tunes!

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles movie
On Blu-Ray & DVD

faqs
Community » Forums » Robotech Production » Discussion Thread

Topic Author

Discussion Topic

Protoculture  

Subject: ROBOTECH: Love, Live, ALIVE! 
Started on: September 15, 2008 - 3:29:51 AM

Seriously, from my previous post in the other thread;

Seriously, have you guys seriously thinking about remarketing RTSC as MOSPEADA II OAV in Japan market? With the current rerelease of Mospeada action figures in Japan market, especially cashing in to 80'sd nostalgic crowd, remarketing RTSC as MOSPEADA II OAV will kick up some interest over the defunct series.

Look at MOSPEADA sister, the Bubblegum Crisis. Despite being a runaway hit with a few OAVs in 1980s, it rebranded itself in late 1990s as retcon Bubblegum Crisis 2040 with standard 26 eps arc.

RTSC if seriously marketed by Tatsunoko, HG partner in Japan, would raise a sizable cash horde, atleast convince one or two Japanese toy companies or even Japanese TV station to perhaps finance a brand new MOSPEADA II 20+ new series.

To save budget, MOSPEADA II series will be farmed out to South Korea (Tommy's turf) animation studios for production, thus DR Movie stands to gain with their previous work on Macross Plus & even RTSC.

Getting MOSPEADA II series on air in Asian market, HG can exported back the new series to American market & basically do what HG does best, edited the content of MOSPEADA II series into brand new ROBOTECH sequel!

I've being thinking, 26 eps GC Mospeada was a runaway success, with an additional Mospeada: Love, Live, Alive OAV being released in Japan to appease to Mospeada fans in mid 1980s.

Mospeada: Love Live Alive is basically new animation plus flashbacks to previous TV series, from Lance 'Yellow' Belmont (for RT fans, thats Lancer 'Yellow Dancer') point of view.

It begins with kick arse Yellow concert, featuring ALL Mospeada songs sung by Yellow, & followed soon after with Yellow reunion with his old posse, Stig Bernard & the gang (that's Scott's posse).

Stig is back with Aisha (Scott & Ariel), Mint & Jim (Annie & Lunk) still together plus Rei & Houquet (Rand & Rook) alongside Yellow reminiscing the good ole days of fighting Inbit (Invid), even Sorji (Sera - doing household chores! ) appear in Yellow's musing.

At the end, Yellow leave his beloved gang's camp to return to his home.

That gives a tribute & solemn farewell to GC: Mospeada series.

I'd sincerely hoped HG could & would do their best to get Mospeada: Love Live Alive to Robotech fans, re-edited to become ROBOTECH: Love, Live, Alive.

The Mospeada OAV mesh well with RTSC finale, where Ark Angel is shown arriving & within Earth orbit. Scott & Ariel would have taken a little R&R detour from UES Ark Angel, meeting up with old friends & the likes. This is where RT: Love Live Alive should begins, Lancer kick up an energetic concert on liberated Earth, with a lot of nostalgic Robotech songs, & later meet up with the rest of the gang on his way home, reminiscing on past experience.

Better still, packed the Robotech: Love Live Alive together with RTSC as special edition package, that would serve as a GREAT complement before RT: Shadow Rising ever hit the theatres!

Plus, many fans will be grateful to see New-Gen characters one last time, in their original animated form (as per New Gen, not retcon design from RTSC) plus that will keep a lot of fans from whining about RT Shadow Rising.

Of course, Lancer 'Yellow Dancer' songs definitely a tribute! Get all the old RT: New Gen casts together on this monumental & nostalgic project!

HG, GET ON WITH IT, PROVE TO US THAT ROBOTECH SHALL LOVE, LIVE & ALIVE!!!!!

Forever shall I be loyal to you, my love, my Queen...Mother of the Invid race, Regis.We shall rise like a fiery phoenix, together we will rewrite the history of space and time...Forever.
<attributed to Zor>
Return to Message Index Report a problem

Response 1 of 13 

SetoKaiba  

Subject: Wouldn't work 
Posted on: September 16, 2008 - 10:02:39 AM
Edited on: September 16, 2008 - 10:06:42 AM

Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles already put the story in such a position that Mospeada: Love, Live, Alive wouldn't fit. The animation is old, and the interest in it is minimal at best. Plus I doubt that Tatsunoko would even bother licensing it to Harmony Gold, since they couldn't make a defensible business case for it.

HG, GET ON WITH IT, PROVE TO US THAT ROBOTECH SHALL LOVE, LIVE & ALIVE!!!!!

Okay, grammar issues aside, it ought to be painfully obvious that the "alive" is not a word to use to describe the Robotech franchise. Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles didn't get into theaters (aside from a tiny arthouse run) and didn't bring many, if any, new fans to the franchise. Effectively, Robotech is dead. Sure, they put out a movie a while back, but it didn't accomplish what it was intended to do. The production staff are just beating the dead Robotech horse (or maybe Dr. Lang's goofy Sentinels robot pegasus) so that the twitching and jerking produces some feeble simulation of life.

Response 

Tommunist  

Subject: it sounds kinda boring as well. 
Posted on: September 28, 2008 - 4:41:33 PM

are they just sitting around talking about the good ol' days? that's pretty boring. A clip show if you will. I would like to see it, but if that is all it is I don't think we need to bother trying to work it into robotech.

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked for forgiveness. -Emo Philips, comedian (1956- )

Response 

Kevin McKeever  

Subject: Huh? 
Posted on: September 28, 2008 - 5:50:44 PM
Edited on: September 28, 2008 - 5:51:48 PM

Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles didn't get into theaters (aside from a tiny arthouse run)

We did an arthouse run in Jan. 2007 that was then followed by we a 200 screen 30 state run through Regal and AMC theatres (the country two largest theatre chains) .

So when you say "Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles didn't get into theaters " is false.

Robotech is dead. Sure, they put out a movie a while back, but it didn't accomplish what it was intended to do. The production staff are just beating the dead Robotech horse (or maybe Dr. Lang's goofy Sentinels robot pegasus) so that the twitching and jerking produces some feeble simulation of life.

Our sales (DVDS, merchandise) say otherwise we accomplished what we intended to do. There is quite alot of interest in Robotech on a fan level and a corporate level and we do that by spending less than our competition.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Your BankofKev since 1998.

kev@robotech.com

Response 

Skullwun  

Subject: HOW DARE YOU!!! 
Posted on: September 29, 2008 - 5:59:55 AM

we do that by spending less than our competition.

Trust Kevin to come along and spoil all the fun with his facts and clarifications!!

Those listed as missing in action......where are they?

Member of the D.O.L. (Diciples of Leonard)

Minmei Forever Club Memeber

Member of K.I.S.S

Response 

Kevin McKeever  

Subject: It's no wonder I never get inivted to any more parties... 
Posted on: September 29, 2008 - 10:01:28 AM

I'm always spoiling the fun.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Your BankofKev since 1998.

kev@robotech.com

Response 

Walou  

Subject: Robotech on threatres..movie festivals methinks 
Posted on: October 6, 2008 - 8:29:22 PM

I don't really see why can Mospeada's Love Live Alive can do any harm to the Robotech storyline at all. It's just Yellow Belmont's point of view and doesn't clog the Shadow Chronicle storyline in any way. Just a montage of Robotech related songs would be nice as a final farewell to the NewGen cast.

For Good Informative Robotech Pages, check out:

http://terrania.us/liberty/
www.rdfunderground.com

Response 

Brooklyn Red Leg  

Subject: Actually... 
Posted on: October 7, 2008 - 6:07:51 AM
Edited on: October 7, 2008 - 6:08:18 AM

It would fit between the end of New Generation and The Shadow Chronicles, technically. Although not evident from the movie, its obvious that some time passes between The Battle of Reflex Point and Scott leaving the Earth at the end of Symphony of Light.

This is borne out in Shadow Chronicles (sort of) since there would be lag time between the Icarus leaving ALuCE-1 and arriving at the site of the SDF-03, on the order of several weeks at least. To the crew of both ships, little time would have passed (the Icarus was in the midst of spacefolding and the SDF-03 was near the event horizon of a black hole meaning time would dilate for them) but in the 'real world' quite a bit of time would have passed.

Robotech: Love, Live, Alive would fit between the end of the Battle of Reflex Point and Scott getting clearance to go up the well to the Moon. Nothing states the team stayed together after the battle and they could have easily reunited at Lancer's final concert some months later when Scott informs them he has to leave. And I have to agree with Protoculture that it would be a nice send-off to The New Generation crew. A digitally remastered version would look wonderful in fact.

Humor is a sense that can only avail itself when something funny is present. You are funny, but only in a pathetically ironic manner.
It's not that history repeats itself, it's that stupidity is a congenital condition.
- Morthoron

Response 

SIGHUP  

Subject: What he said 
Posted on: October 20, 2008 - 5:59:13 PM

I'm a neutral party, with a neutral point of view.

But yes, the Robotech.com website, MEMO and Shadow Chronicles in THEATERS is how I re-discovered the franchise.

It was playing at the La Jolla theaters in the HD screening here in San Diego. Met MEMO and Tommy there. So I have to second that SC made it to theaters.

RobotechX.com - by the fans for the fans

Response 

Greenlion9  

Subject: bleh 
Posted on: November 26, 2008 - 8:04:50 AM

Love, Live, Alive was awful. I wish I had never seen it. The melancholy way GCM ended was one of the things that makes the series so special.

"Do or do not, there is no try"
-Yoda

Response 

WindBlade  

Subject: wrap up 
Posted on: November 26, 2008 - 12:50:31 PM

While I've never seen Love, Live, Alive; I wouldn't be oppossed to seeing them do something like this. What I'd really like to see happen is some sort of wrap up animation or comic to tie up the story lines of all of the charactors from the saga's that don't have a role in the new series.

We don't really know what happened to the other members of the 15th aside from Dana and Louis. We don't know what happened to Scott's resistance cell. We do know that pretty much everyone from the Macross saga is either dead or on the SDF-3, and I'm okay with that (so long as we actually get to see a resolution to THOSE plotlines). All I can say is too many charactors, too many unanswered questions. I think that's what really made me upset with the Shadow Chronicles. I was looking for more plot resolution instead of a retelling of the end of the New Generation saga.

Put Robotech:The Movie, the untold story on dvd!

Response 

fivewayssound  

Subject: why do I always need a subject on these forums. 
Posted on: November 28, 2008 - 12:24:38 AM

Personally I'd rather watch thing from the time period of Live Loud Alive. I perfer the look. Also, I have a vast hatred for GC. At least it would look and feel right....

Basically unless HG releases the original version of robotech the movie [the one with the script set place during macross which tied into later story lines], or something equal to that I doubt HG will see any of my, or many of my friends cash again. We all bought R:SC, we all hated R:SC.

Response 

Protoculture  

Subject: Thanks for the support ... 
Posted on: January 3, 2009 - 4:43:08 AM

Robotech: Love, Live, Alive would fit between the end of the Battle of Reflex Point and Scott getting clearance to go up the well to the Moon. Nothing states the team stayed together after the battle and they could have easily reunited at Lancer's final concert some months later when Scott informs them he has to leave. And I have to agree with Protoculture that it would be a nice send-off to The New Generation crew. A digitally remastered version would look wonderful in fact.

Given that the future of RT sequels rested with New Generation outlook (of GC Mospeada), having the Mospeada Love Live Alive reworked as Robotech Love Live Alive is a sound financial judgement. Re-editing 'em, throw in updated versions of Lancer's audio tracks, get the ol' RT voice-over casts back together for this special project, package the new product as part of special edition RTSC DVD set, or even as part of RT: Shadow Rising.

Robotech Love Live Alive will do well given its nostalgic values with its 1980s anime outlook of New Generation casts we so loved.

Well, Kevin McKeever, I'm still waitin' for your inputs & opinions!

Forever shall I be loyal to you, my love, my Queen...Mother of the Invid race, Regis.We shall rise like a fiery phoenix, together we will rewrite the history of space and time...Forever.
<attributed to Zor>

Response 

MEMO1DOMINION  

Subject: SIGHUP 
Posted on: January 4, 2009 - 9:49:18 AM

It was playing at the La Jolla theaters in the HD screening here in San Diego. Met MEMO and Tommy there. So I have to second that SC made it to theaters.

AND WWW.ROBOTECHX.COM WAS BORN

HEHEHE

IF IT DOESN'T EXIST.....HECK, BUILD IT.

I "THE GOOD AND TRUE", A SUPERMAN COMPLEX

L.A. ANIME EXPO-CON HERE I COME.
SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON HERE I COME

72ND AIRWING DRAGON SQUADRON
CPL. M."MEMO" DOMINION
DRAGON 9
Return to Message Index Report a problem

By using this Web site, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use.
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Robotech.com

©1985-2012 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All rights reserved.