Robotech - The Official Headquarters of the Robotech Universe!
The Macross SagaThe Robotech MastersThe New GenerationThe Shadow Chroniclescoming soon
NEWS
COMMUNITY
INFOPEDIA
GALLERY
STORE
SEARCH

RDF MEMBER
JOIN NOW
Forgot your Password?

RT Soundtracks
New Tunes!

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles movie
On Blu-Ray & DVD

faqs
Community » Forums » Gaming Hall » Discussion Thread

Topic Author

Discussion Topic

Synther  

Subject: Shadow Chronicles RPG In Portland 
Started on: May 8, 2009 - 3:43:38 AM

UEEF campaign starting just before the Masters invade Earth. Characters rolled over 25 years of age have a 50% chance of having seen Earth, all others were born in space,etc. There is equal chance for Human/half Zentraedi, full Zentraedi, or Tirolian characters (generally, players can choose. Humans and Half Zent are always treated as human. Racial is RP only). House rules are that Mecha transformation takes one attack action and naturally you have to run your character past the G.M. (me) and the character has to start at level 1. I have a custom character sheet with a supplemental sheet in PDF form as well (far better than the one out of the Shadow Chronicles RPG book...sorry Palladium your's sucked).

I am using some stuff out of older RPG books, but mostly, only the Shadow Chronicles RPG, Macross Saga Sourcebook, and Southern Cross Sourcebook are needed. (I needed stats for inorganics, the Regent, etc...and pictures of the SDF-3 are cool).

We generally BBQ during the games and while we're breaking to eat, we watch one or two episodes of Robotech (some of the players have never seen any of the series).

We are not an online game, we do actually enjoy seeing one another. Let me know if you want to play.
Return to Message Index Report a problem

Response 1 of 8 

Synther  

Subject: Portland, OR 
Posted on: May 8, 2009 - 3:46:10 AM

...That is. My bad for not being specific.

Response 

jedi078  

Subject: Down in Salem...but the trip might be worth it 
Posted on: May 10, 2009 - 8:23:40 PM

How often do you run games? How long does each session last?

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.

Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Check out my online Robotech game (My listed fan page).

Response 

Ikarus  

Subject: oh darn.. 
Posted on: May 13, 2009 - 4:34:12 AM

You guys sound like a great bunch, with a great setup (BBQ & litte R&R) to bad the car trip from Norway(Europe)takes forever

Good luck finding players!

"This ROBOTECH thing is so EXCITING I just couldnt give it up, it just gets in your blood or something..." - Roy Fokker

Response 

Synther  

Subject: Session Length 
Posted on: May 13, 2009 - 4:14:50 PM
Edited on: May 13, 2009 - 4:15:22 PM

Well, we're trying to get into a schedule of once a week or once every other week. Game sessions on a weeknight are anywhere from 2 to 4 hours (depending on what time everyone would have to leave) and on the weekends can sometimes run from 1ish in the afternoon to 11pm or midnight.

Yeah, that would be a pretty killer drive from Norway! lol

Response 

Synther  

Subject: Current Campaign 
Posted on: May 13, 2009 - 7:50:29 PM

**Cross post from the Palladium Robotech Forums**

My current campaign takes place during the Sentinels, six months before the Robotech Masters invade Earth. The team is currently setting up a logistics base on an Invid controlled world. The planet is slightly smaller than Earth, covered in rain forests (humidity is 90% to 98% with a slight dip in ranges in the polar caps for a 75% to 90% range depending on season). Oceans are fairly non-existent, with most large bodies of water being similar to the Great Lakes (large land locked salt lakes). There are two known Invid hives on the planet. The group of players is a mixed squad of both Fleet and Marine, and for the most part can be considered special forces. The reason for the logistics base is that the planet is good for habitation and is in a good location for fleet/mecha resupply without having to make several more required folds to get back to Tirol. The VR-057 Super Cyclon is considered to be in the prototype stages while the Silverback has just entered main production. The Bioroid Intercepter is just entering a prototype phase and the Condor has just entered main production. Shadow technology is rumored among the troops but is still currently classified and nobody knows anything about experiments with Synchro Cannons at all. The SDF-3 is currently being repaired in orbit around Tirol after having lost it's space fold capabilities in an Invid attack shortly after liberating the planet. The players force, aside from the pre-fab base they are constructing planetside, consisits of a Tristar class Super Dimensional Cruiser, three Garfish Light Cruisers, and as many Horizon-T's as is required by the story.

Response 

Synther  

Subject: Ikarus 
Posted on: May 14, 2009 - 1:52:01 AM

You might not be totally counted out if you wanted to play, since I'm now looking at the possibility of a Ventrilo run game. Let me know if you are interested.

Response 

Synther  

Subject: Ventrilo Games 
Posted on: May 14, 2009 - 1:54:35 AM

Vent games may be 1 to 2 hours in length 2 to three times per week. We'll have to see, since this is a first for us. Webcams are of course, preferable, but we're looking into that for multiple people.

Response 

Synther  

Subject: Good game! 
Posted on: May 26, 2009 - 2:10:38 AM

We had a good solid group without having to resort to using Ventrilo! Good fun, good people, good food. I hope to do this again very soon!
Return to Message Index Report a problem

By using this Web site, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use.
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Robotech.com

©1985-2012 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All rights reserved.