Robotech - The Official Headquarters of the Robotech Universe!
The Macross SagaThe Robotech MastersThe New GenerationThe Shadow Chroniclescoming soon
NEWS
COMMUNITY
INFOPEDIA
GALLERY
STORE
SEARCH

RDF MEMBER
JOIN NOW
Forgot your Password?

RT Soundtracks
New Tunes!

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles movie
On Blu-Ray & DVD

faqs
Community » Forums » Robotech Stuff » Discussion Thread

Topic Author

Discussion Topic

Treiz  

Subject: Funimation puts Shadow Chronicles Out of Print 
Started on: January 28, 2012 - 10:06:42 AM

Anime News Network is reporting that Rightstuf.com has posted that after stock runs out on several popular series they will not be restocked. This list includes the Robotech the Shadow Chronicles DVD and Blueray editions.

ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-27/funimation-discontinues-4-dvd-blu-ray-titles

Rightstuf: http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000003325&Offset=0&ReturnTo=Archive

I'm not sure what to think about this, perhaps this is the result of the market shrinking and they can't afford to re-up popular licenses? I don't think it has anything to do with these shows not selling, both DBZ and Robotech sold well if the dearth of re-releases is any indication.

This could be something to do with the Robotech LAM, if Warner is also interested in the animated rights to Robotech they certainly would be able to bring more cash to the table than Funimation.

D.O.L. Member
XbL: Treiz Faction
The ORIGINAL meh!!!
Return to Message Index Report a problem

Response 1 of 9 

Maverick_LSC  

Subject: Could be that the license for distribution has expired. 
Posted on: January 28, 2012 - 11:37:59 AM
Edited on: January 28, 2012 - 11:38:30 AM

It's possible that the license to Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles has expired and Funimation has ethier decided not to renew it or Harmony Gold may have others who are willing to pay more for the distribution license(ie. A&E, Warner Video or another company) Not sure as im speculating so don't quote me on that.

There's no cause for alarm, as we saw what happened with ADV films for the original 85, the license was later picked up by A&E when customer demand increased again.

Most of these distribution licenses last seven years and considering it's a downturn market for anime everywhere including Japan. Funimation was probably playing it safe in order to not ending up like Bandai Entertainment.

Plus it's still available as a digital download or streaming via the Robotech.com store, iTunes, Zune, Hulu, Netflix, Xbox Live and so on.

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewcategory.php?id=20

So no worries.

Mav...

15/11/15 Coming soon!!! ;-)

Response 

relak  

Subject: .... 
Posted on: January 29, 2012 - 8:21:16 AM

The way i see it, its a business decision.

Shadow Chronicles might be hitting stagnation.

With no new production to regenerate interest, less ppl will buy, so why bother printing again?

Response 

RESCUE-1  

Subject: SC DVD 
Posted on: February 8, 2012 - 10:47:52 AM

Whether it is currently in print or not, it comes down to the fact that the internet is a great place to locate copies of dvd's.If anybody wants to snag a copy or two it is still a win/win situation.

Heck my army brother,the medic and best friend that saved my *** is getting a copy of ROBOTECH II: The Sentinels from me,I think it is safe to say when it comes to ROBOTECH we are some of the most friendly fans on the planet.When it comes to locating products,intel,or indeed helping a buddy out we are second to none. In close we have little to worry about scoring copies of the SC dvd.

www.amazon.com and www.dimple.com are to places that come to mind for locating the ROBOTECH dvd's ,have a great day troops!!
RESCUE-1

RESCUE-1 has returned,as has the dreaded VF-72nd "HIGHLANDERS" RESCUE SQDRN. Immortales Animus curro solvo Get out of my skies scumbag!! The skies like our world belong to us !!

Response 

RESCUE-1  

Subject: SC DVD 
Posted on: February 10, 2012 - 7:44:39 AM

also I think overstock would be a good place to look to. I tend to stay away from Evilbay these days for to many reasons to list.

RESCUE-1 has returned,as has the dreaded VF-72nd "HIGHLANDERS" RESCUE SQDRN. Immortales Animus curro solvo Get out of my skies scumbag!! The skies like our world belong to us !!

Response 

relak  

Subject: .... 
Posted on: February 11, 2012 - 7:35:12 AM

PPerhaps future SC releases will be from A&E?

Response 

RESCUE-1  

Subject: Good take on the situation 
Posted on: February 11, 2012 - 11:25:50 AM

I think that the staff at A&E very well could be looking at this option most carefully indeed to. I will keep the intel lines open for troops interested in SC by way of links or whatever we hear out in NOR*CAL. have a great weekend man.

RESCUE-1

Response 

Mic123  

Subject: Man what now 
Posted on: March 22, 2012 - 6:36:03 PM

I hate when things like this happen to good shows I haven't got to purchuse yet that I would have liked, but that is how it is I geuss

Make your life extrordanary

Mike " Rod " Kromer
Staff Sargent
Demon 7
105th airwing
Demon Squadren

Mike
Major General
Darkness 3
Legen of darkness

Mike
Caoss 4
Comander
Caoss Squadren

Response 

relak  

Subject: ... 
Posted on: March 22, 2012 - 7:29:23 PM

I hate when things like this happen to good shows I haven't got to purchuse yet

Then you should get to buying it while you can

Response 

SilentDues  

Subject: Indeed 
Posted on: March 23, 2012 - 7:43:37 AM

What relak said, you can still find it on certain online stores.

"May God help you indeed, mister. But me, I've got places to be!"
Return to Message Index Report a problem

By using this Web site, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use.
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Robotech.com

©1985-2012 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All rights reserved.