Robotech - The Official Headquarters of the Robotech Universe!
The Macross SagaThe Robotech MastersThe New GenerationThe Shadow Chroniclescoming soon
NEWS
COMMUNITY
INFOPEDIA
GALLERY
STORE
SEARCH

RDF MEMBER
JOIN NOW
Forgot your Password?

RT Soundtracks
New Tunes!

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles movie
On Blu-Ray & DVD

faqs
Community » Forums » Robotech Stuff » Discussion Thread

Topic Author

Discussion Topic

jgrantjr  

Subject: Anyone know about a Revell model of a Macross FActory with two mechs and some trucks etc 
Started on: September 26, 2003 - 11:34:30 AM

Anyone know about a Revell model of a Macross FActory with two mechs and some trucks etc
Return to Message Index Report a problem

Response 1 of 11 

Gerwalk  

Subject: -- 
Posted on: September 26, 2003 - 12:33:20 PM

http://www.draddog.com/robotech/
Here is a link to a page that has info on all of the Revell kits. The RT factory is at the bottom. It is pretty much the Holy Grail of Robotech kits. I wish that HG would bring some of these back!

Response 

Zor Master  

Subject: Actually... 
Posted on: September 26, 2003 - 4:07:52 PM

There was the Glaug (Officers Battle Pod) released by Revell in their Robotech line. I have only seen it once. I have a very large collection of these models and consider the Glaug much much rarer.

The Factory model is not uncommon, its just expensive

"The ladders of light we scale merrily
Move mysteriously around
So that when you think you`re climbing up, man
In fact you`re climbing down"

-Nick Cave

Visit ZORMASTER.COM!!

Response 

Gerwalk  

Posted on: September 29, 2003 - 2:55:10 PM

Actually VT 1010, the models you are referring to are the mini robotech factory kits. The following link
http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/stevesox/robotech6.jpg?allow_track_link=1&track=0224ee3e32-b6b8a&pt=bidpay&sp=1
has a picture of the large kit. You'll see it's HUGE :-)

Response 

Steve Yun  

Subject: 
Posted on: September 29, 2003 - 5:41:01 PM

Please don't mention stores, auction sites or prices on our forums.

Response 

VT 1010  

Subject: ooops... 
Posted on: September 30, 2003 - 8:26:46 AM

Sorry, didn't know we couldn't post those. Nooooooo! I got the wrong kits!?!? .......

"Game over man, game over"

"I'd like to introduce you to a close personal friend of mine. This is the M41-A Pulse Rifle, with under 30mm pump action grenade launcher"

2nd bat 9th reg USCM

Response 

Gerwalk  

Posted on: September 30, 2003 - 4:16:27 PM

VT 1010, don't worry, you got a Robotech Factory, you didn't get the HUGE Robotech factory. Yours is still plenty darn cool, and if I ever get back to my model building, I would definitely get a set to build. The big one costs $$$$$ nowadays.

Response 

kanata327  

Subject: there were a few factories 
Posted on: October 1, 2003 - 1:41:30 PM

to my recolection, there were four factory kits in 1/170 scale, each coming with a different mech. There were also four factory kits in 1/100 scale [I believe] that included one with a GBP-1s which are what most people sell livers to aquire.

Revell also released some weird stuff of varying scales like a veritech packaged with ww2 support vehicles and such. I can only assume it was intended to clean out some stuff revell had in a back room some where as it made no sense what-so-ever according to any plot.

I now do wonder if HG has any plans on releasing model kits, or re-releasing them for that matter, as gundam seems to be doing quite well and it would make sense for them to try and get a piece of the action. I know if they made a destroid monster kit in 1/200 scale or bigger, many an individual overseas would happily pay outrageous shipping and tarifs just to have one.

It's only wrong if you get caught.

Response 

Gerwalk  

Posted on: October 3, 2003 - 10:45:05 AM

Actually through one of those quirky license agreements of fate, Revell's robotech model series actually came out BEFORE Robotech the cartoon came out in the United States.
From "The History of Robotech:"

Model kit company Revell was also looking in Japan for models for their "Robotech Defenders" line of robotic model kits. They eventually used models from MACROSS, DOUGRAM (more on this later), and ORGUSS.

Toy giant Bandai got the license to manufacture toys based on MACROSS. Bandai was approached separately by Hasbro and Revell for the rights to sell the "Valkyrie Fighter" from MACROSS (a jet which transformed into a humanoid robot). Bandai sold the rights to the fighter to BOTH companies separately. Hasbro's toy eventually became known as "Jetfire", where the Revell models, called Vexar, Axoid, and Orbot, represented, with altered paint schemes, 1/72 scale Macross VF-1S, -1J, and -1D Valkyrie models respectively.

Revell was looking for ways to advertise their line of "Robotech Defenders" in other media. There was a two-issue limited comic series published by DC Comics, whose plotline no relation to any of the original Japanese shows, or to Harmony Gold's plot.

When Revell learned about Harmony Gold's plan to bring Macross to the US, they forced Harmony Gold to rename the series to "Robotech." They also wanted to stop Hasbro from manufacturing the "Jetfire" model. Hasbro won that legal battle.

Response 

KEL  

Subject: kit's.... 
Posted on: October 3, 2003 - 5:12:51 PM

it would be awesome to have any robotech models on the market. i'd love to add a rt factory model to my collection.

Col. Kel-Rykien Striker 001
403rd Stellar Strikers Sqdrn.

Strikers... Spacefold in 10, 9, 8, ....

www.rtfanfilms.com

Response 

kanata327  

Subject: close but no cigar Gerwalk 
Posted on: October 4, 2003 - 6:12:47 AM

you have most of it right Gerwalk , but a few bits of info escaped you. "Jetfire" has it's origins back when macross first came out and a company named Takatoku made the toys. They made a few of the different transforming valks/v-techs in both 1/55 scale and 1/100 using die-cast and plastic. They also made assorted other nonsence and went bankrupt. The molds [for the 1/55's and 1/100's transformable VF's at least] ended up in the hands of a company called Matshushiro. Matshushiro negotiated the deal with Hasbro, which is why very early jetfires had the macross symbol on the wing, and then followed Takatoku's lead and sold the molds and all other company assets to bandai, as well as the jetfire/hasbro contract which bandai was obligated to fulfill.

I'm not sure why they can't/won't do a jetfire re-issue like they are doing the other transformers, but there is some leagal reason I'm sure as somebody would make a lot of money.

I might not now much, but I know my jetfires

It's only wrong if you get caught.

Response 

Garfish  

Subject: Those Pics Bring Back Memories 
Posted on: October 5, 2003 - 2:09:26 AM

I got one of these when I was a kid. By the time Robotech came out on TV I had already lost most of it. For a model I was amazed at how much like a playset it was when completed.

The mechs where very nicely detailed and articulated. If I remember right they stood about 4 or 5 inches tall and where solid which made them perfect for duke it outs with my GI Joe guys.

The set itself was very active but the plastic this was molded in reminded you constantly that it was still a model and so you had to be a little more gentle with it than I had the patience for at that age.

The vehicles, particularly the cherry pickers, where nicely done and actualy usable for more than just display. I don't remember the wheels moving on any of them but the booms on the cherry pickers moved through the full range of motion.

This truly was a great set. Building it before I ever heard of a veritech allows me to recollect without bias. I don't know how much it cost then or how much it goes for now but if I could I would jump at another chance to give this kit the treatment it deserves.

"Oh Rick how can you say that? All the soldiers who come to our restaraunt are in the same position"
"Oh yea? The same position. You'd be the one to know now wouldn't you."
"What?!?!"
Return to Message Index Report a problem

By using this Web site, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use.
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Robotech.com

©1985-2012 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All rights reserved.